Friday 13 August 2010

Review of: Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

Published: April 2008 (Oxford World’s Classics Edition) – Oxford University Press

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" – perhaps some of the most poignant and well-known words in English Literature history. Following the story of Elizabeth Bennet as she experiences a certain Fitzwilliam Darcy, Pride and Prejudice is a timeless classic which still has the same impact today – the essence of the story has continuous resonance as pride and prejudice gets in the way of love.



My Rating: 5 out of 5

Pride and Prejudice is one of the few books that I find enjoyable over and over again – a book full of quirky humour and well-written chapters that leaves you wanting more and more. It does not just focus on romance – it is not the slushy lovey-dovey stuff that can suffocate – it is elegantly crafted, I highly recommend it and I am sure that it will continue to be a great success.

I actually cannot recommend it enough, if you have to read a few key books - this has to be to the top of your list. Even guys! I love it and, if you are anything like me, I am sure that you will enjoy it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment